Whether or not they've invested in building commissioning services before, owners are turning to Ahern to improve their buildings' energy efficiency, system performance, and occupants’ comfort. Our services fall under two categories:
- Re-commissioning: A building tune-up. Performed in buildings that underwent commissioning during original construction, we use the original building commissioning documents as a roadmap to compare and assess system performance. This process allows for identification and correction of system changes that may be negatively impacting performance.
- Retro-commissioning: Performed in buildings with no previous commissioning documentation. Ahern’s team will investigate and identify system performance issues that may be impacting comfort levels, utility costs, or system efficiency.
Managing occupancy temperature complaints can be difficult – but not after enlisting Ahern’s building commissioning team to resolve discomfort issues attributed to your existing HVAC equipment. We’ll confirm that all systems are operating as intended and ensure your facility is operating at optimal environmental and financial efficiency while reducing comfort complaints.
An Experienced Team of Certified Commissioning Professionals
Ahern’s testing, balancing, and commissioning team averages over 18 years of industry experience, and are all certified commissioning professionals. This expertise allows us to quickly identify the issues impacting your HVAC performance – whether they be with the system itself or the surrounding environment.
Our technicians perform the following building commissioning services to efficiently resolve discomfort complaints.
- System Design: We’ll realign your system design to account for changes in occupancy and lighting conditions, sunlight exposure, and nearby heat-generating equipment that may have impacted your system’s performance since its initial install.
- System Maintenance: Routine HVAC maintenance may be the only thing needed to return comfort levels to your buildings’ occupants.
- Air Balancing: If air flow levels are improperly adjusted, it is common that some areas of your building will receive more heating/cooling than others or excessive drafts. Our team is experienced in balancing air flow so all spaces receive the proper temperature control and air distribution.
- Zoning Controls: When current zone controls are out of calibration, Ahern’s team will recalibrate controls to properly control the space.