J. F. Ahern Co. Corporate Expansion
Ahern’s energy saving installations led to a 25% decrease in the Company’s building utility costs for its 54,000 square-foot expansion in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. This environmental focus resulted in a LEED Gold Certification by the US Green Building Council, and recognition by the association of Facility Engineering. Some of Ahern’s installations that contributed to this merit include: one of Wisconsin’s first Greenwater Reclamation systems; an ice storage system; in-floor radiant heating; and high-efficiency fixtures. Ahern’s ability to design/build all of the mechanical and fire protection work allowed for the project to be completed successfully on time.
- Energy Solutions
- Fire Protection
- Pipe Fabrication
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Estimated Energy Savings: 25% or $21,000 per year.
- Reduced Wastewater Discharge: 26% or 25,000 gallons per year.
- Reduced Potable Water Demand: 61% or 110,000 gallons per year.
- Construction Waste Diverted from Landfill: 91% or 1,200 tons
- Recycled Materials: 20% of Total Material Cost
- The project’s field team averaged 12 years of experience; the office staff averaged 16 years of experience
- On-time project completion
(click on image for larger photos).