Sprinkler Fitter Apprentice Post Offer Materials
Congratulations on being offered a position at Ahern!
The offer of employment is contingent upon successfully completing a background check and drug test. Please complete the necessary items outlined below. All items below must be completed within 72 hours of acceptance of your offer. Completing the items below in a timely manner will help us be prepared for your first day!
- Finalize Application: In order to continue this process, we require that you log back into your application to complete the confidential information section. You are being asked to supply your social security number, date of birth, and complete the criminal background disclosure questions. To enter your information, click here.
- Background Check: To complete the required information for Ahern to process your background check, click here.
- Pre-Employment Drug Test & Medical Examination:
- Review the list of available testing sites to complete Ahern's pre-employment drug screen and medical examination.
- Pick up the Alere chain of custody form from your local office as you must bring this form to the facility at the time of your appointment. If you cannot pick up the form, contact your Ahern Representative to request that it be mailed to you.
- Contact desired facility to schedule an appointment. Please disclose that you are “taking a pre-employment drug test and medical examination for J. F. Ahern Co.”, and be prepared to give a urine specimen since the site will be performing a 10-panel collection drug screen. If a testing site is not available within 60 miles of your home, please contact Kristine Reynolds at 920-907-5599 or by email at email@example.com.
- Print and complete the Substance Abuse Test Consent & Release Form prior to your appointment. This form must be taken with you and provided to the clinic. Note: In the Local 669 JATC Application packet, you will also fill out a duplicate of this form which needs to be returned to Ahern with the rest of the packet.
- Print and complete the Medical Examination Form prior to your appointment. This form must be taken with you, completed by the examining physician and returned with you application packet.
4. Paperwork: All paperwork must be returned to your HR Business Partner or local office representative via email or mail as soon as possible.
- Local 669 JATC Apprenticeship Application Documents: Please print and complete the Local 669 JATC apprenticeship application packet.
- Ahern Specific Onboarding Documents: Please print and complete the Ahern Specific Onboarding Documents.
5. OSHA 10 Certification: The OSHA 10 certification is a requirement of employment with Ahern. This must be completed within 90 days of employment. You will be reimbursed for the cost associated with the training upon completion and proof of certification.
6. Ahern Driver Handbook: Please review the Ahern Driver Handbook prior to your first day at Ahern. All employees are asked to sign an acknowledgement form on their first day as you may at times drive on behalf of the company.
Our website contains a wealth of information and we encourage you to explore its features.
We look forward to you having you join the Ahern team!