Pipe Fabrication Services for Kentucky Power Plant
Ahern’s pipe fabrication team provided 3” to 8” carbon and stainless steel piping with multiple supports for the Calgon Carbon power plant in Catlettsburg, KY. Preplanning meetings with drafting, material control, quality control, and the fabrication shop helped Ahern meet the customer’s fast track deadline for an outage installation. With all teams working together, the customer was able to install the 31,454 pounds of piping the first time without delay and meeting their deadline.
- Ahern’s welding crew averaged 25 years of industry experience
- Ahern’s office team averaged 18 years of industry experience
- Out of 216 spools, none had any quality-related customer reported problems
- No warranty rework was required
- 100% on-time shipment delivery
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries