Ahern completed its first Artesian Distillery installation at Death’s Door Spirits in Middleton, Wisconsin. The 22,425 square-foot retrofit project included the installation of two mash tanks, five fermenters, one hot water storage tank, one 2,200-liter copper-pot still, one continuous stripping column, and two 100 HP Miura Boilers. Death’s Door received Focus on Energy credits because the steam boilers are engineering for greater efficiency, lower costs, and reduced environmental impact. Ahern was able to start construction before the design was complete with allowed the team to stay on schedule and complete the work per the owner’s milestones.
- Energy Solutions
- Fire Protection Installation
- Ahern’s engineering knowledge
- An undersized pump was replaced immediately
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries
- Owner received Focus on Energy credits for installing high efficiency Miura Boilers