Ahern’s pipe fabrication knowledge and ability to meet deadlines were keys to the completion of this prefabrication job for the Enbridge Flanagan Line in Pontiac, Illinois. Ahern prefabricated 342,209 pounds of carbon steel piping equaling 126 pipe spools for this outdoor Midwest pipeline facility. The owner's specification required salt/chloride testing of the pipe materials’ exterior prior to paint. Ahern addressed this unique request by purchasing the proper equipment and taking the necessary steps to perform the tests. As a result, all tests were clean and free from salt and chlorides prior to painting.
- 28 certified welders who averaged 24 years of experience
- Previously fabricated and installed similar piping at Enbridge Adams
- X-ray testing with a 99.5% pass view rate
- Project was completed one month ahead of schedule
- Early completion allowed for early onsite hydro testing of installed piping
- No OSHA recordables and zero lost-time injuries