The kegs were tapped in time for the opening of Firetrucker Brewery in Ankeny, IA in part due to Ahern’s ability to complete fire protection work in the 5,449 square-foot distillery by the client’s requested completion date. Ahern used its prefabrication capabilities to fabricate 63 sprinkler heads, which helped expedite the installation schedule. Prior to installation, Ahern recognized that the architect wanted to enclose an area about the ceiling that would have caused the pipes to freeze in the winter. Ahern immediately notified the architect of this issue and opened the area back up to allow for proper heat flow. This pleased the client in that it prevented future emergencies and problems.
- 100% of Ahern’s field crew were industry certified or licensed
- 100% of Ahern’s office staff held industry certifications and averaged 10 years of experience
- Ahern’s design was approved on the first submission and no warranty rework was required
- Notified architect of potential issues in the ceiling design and came up with a solution
- Project was completed within 0.99% of the estimated budget
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries