Promptness was pivotal for Ikaria’s new 60,000 square-foot healthcare facility in Madison, Wisconsin. Because field work wasn’t continuous on this project, Ahern’s team reacted with manpower on one or two days’ notice when the construction schedule was accelerated. To speed up the process, Ahern’s prefabrication shop was utilized to fabricate 500 linear feet of piping for the NFPA certified medical gas system, consisting of oxygen and medical air. Another factor that contributed to Ahern’s timely completion included a rough-in of medical gas outlets to keep the drywall on schedule. Due to Ahern’s effort and response time, this office, laboratory, and manufacturing space was completed on-time and under budget.
- Ahern’s field crew averaged 12 years of experience
- The customer was highly pleased when Ahern met the manpower required on one or two days’ notice
- 100% on-time completion
- 100% of prefabricated load shipments were delivered on-time
- All work was completed under the estimated budget
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries