Ahern’s experience with large bore piping and knowledge of code requirements met the New York City Department of Environmental Protection’s standards on this Manhattan Leg City Tunnel project. A team of 40 certified welders prefabricated a total of 1,383 spools of 3” to 48” large bore piping for the project, with approximately 1,580 views of the x-ray tests with a 98.6% pass rate. Code standards were not a concern as Ahern’s Certified Welding Inspector certification was utilized.
As priority’s shifted during the project, Ahern’s team worked with the customer’s changes by sending project update statuses. All 47 loads were delivered on time per the customer’s revised delivery dates.
- All 40 welders who worked on this project are industry certified
- The field crew held an average of 15 years of experience
- 98.6% pass rate for all x-ray tests
- Several change orders were issued but the Ahern team consistently met with the customer to meet those changes when they occurred
- Ahern met all revised priority delivery dates to accommodate customer’s installation schedules
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries