The boiler installations for the Milwaukee County Parks Administration in Wisconsin were particularly unique for Ahern due to the historic building’s exterior aesthetics. In order to maintain the prestige and historical appearance of the building, Ahern painted all of the exterior venting, framing, and conduit colors that matched the scheme of the building. Ahern’s knowledge benefitted the client by providing design considerations, energy savings calculations, installation, controls, and commissioning. The field team corrected an issue of gas service being delayed by proactively piping and ducting a new system to limit the amount of time without heat into the building. Despite a strict schedule, Ahern was able to complete the project on time.
- All field crew and office staff members involved were industry certified (including NEBB certified)
- The office team involved holds an average of 15 years of experience
- Warranty rework was resolved on the same day
- Gas service was delayed so the Ahern team installed and tested new system the same day
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries
- Ahern installed condensing boilers with outdoor air to gain efficiency