Project scopes can easily change during the construction phase and the new construction of this surgical hospital in Eau Claire, WI was a perfect example of Ahern’s adaptability. The project scope increased by 68% during construction, and Ahern’s scheduled completion date was never altered.
Ahern’s project team averaged 12 years of experience, with Medical Gas certifications and Master Plumber licenses, which aided significantly in the project’s overall structure. Despite increased project scope, only one issue arose during the construction with the underground piping sizes. Ahern helped with the calculations for future loads and installed additional lines to alleviate the problem, done to the customer’s satisfaction. A total of 640 pipe spools were prefabricated, making up 11.4% of the total project hours.
Overall, the entire team from the field crew to the office staff stayed completely focused and committed to the end. The CAD team was extremely crucial on the start of the project to help resolve all issues and kept the project moving forward with all coordination details.
- Ahern’s staff held unique Medical Gas certifications and Master Plumbers licenses that specifically benefitted this project
- No warranty rework was required
- Ahern assisted with calculations for underground piping sizes
- 100% on-time completion
- Project scope increased by 68% and the completion date stayed the same
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries