Several large snowstorms in Sayreville, NJ had no effect on Ahern delivering 2,500 linear feet of pipe on time. Totaling 148 spools and weighing in at 21,000 pounds, Ahern’s quick response and accurate pipe fabrication helped the general contractor meet their installation deadline. Working around the holidays – Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years – Ahern needed to have the appropriate tools and materials quickly. To help expedite the process, Ahern’s internal pipe fabrication team held preplanning meetings with drafting, material control, quality control, and the shop teams to coordinate all activities. However, what may seem like a large undertaking, Ahern turned the project around without an issue and was even asked to perform additional work.
- Ahern’s fabrication shop averaged 25 years of experience
- Ahern’s office team averaged 18 years of experience
- Being a code shop, Ahern had the experience and qualifications to fabricate hot water piping required
- Of the 148 total spools, there were no customer reported problems
- 100% on-time completion
- 100% on-time delivery
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries