Ahern’s knowledge and expertise in cold storage and warehouse projects led the general contractor to request assistance in the budget stages of the United Natural Foods Incorporated construction project. After providing hard bid numbers and negotiating, Ahern was awarded the project. Ahern installed four Quell systems for the freezers, two DI preaction systems, one dry system, and 11 wet pipe systems. This was the first Quell design the Milwaukee office completed, and they completed the project on-time and without injury. The 457,584 square-foot facility is now home to 5,591 Ahern sprinklers and approximately 60,000 linear feet of Ahern pipe.
- All 17 field crew members who were involved with this project are industry certified or licensed
- Half of the office team involved with this project are industry certified or licensed
- The team was NICET certified
- Ahern’s designs were approved on the first submission, with no warranty rework
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries