West Campus Cogen Facility, Parallel Bypass Steam Line
Upgrade steam system of power plant in Madison, Wisconsin
- High-pressure steam piping, rated for 1,800psi and 1,015°F design criteria
- Isolation and control valves
- Carbon steel P-91, P-22, and P-1 piping groups, up to Schedule 160
- Piping ranging from 3/4” to 16” in diameter
Pipe Fabrication Work:
- 70 linear feet of 6” to 16” carbon steel piping groups
- Internal blast and preservation
- Quality control x-ray and magnetic particle testing
A NOTE FROM OUR CUSTOMER:
“It was a pleasure to work with Ahern on the West Campus Cogeneration Facility Parallel Steam Bypass project. They were thorough with their work and preparation, which led to the project being delivered both on time and on budget. Ahern made sure all issues and questions were addressed promptly. I look forward to the opportunity to work with Ahern again, and would recommend them to other entities based on my experiences.”
Construction Management Engineer
Madison Gas and Electric Co.
(click on image for larger photos).