Our success is built on an unwavering commitment to our core purpose and unbreakable values and beliefs. We are proud of our commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, working to improve facilities in a way that has a positive impact on the environment and the communities where we live and work.
Our dedication to sustainable design and construction can be seen through our deep involvement in the LEED process. We are a leading provider of sustainable design and construction in the mechanical contracting community and have been involved with many LEED certified projects. Partial list of projects include:
- Department of Defense Office Building (Milwaukee) – LEED Certified. Provided design/build HVAC system services and LEED documentation.
- Johnson Controls Headquarters Expansion (Milwaukee) – LEED Platinum Certified. Provided HVAC and Plumbing systems.
- SC Johnson “Project Honor” (Racine) – LEED Silver Certified. Provided HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection design/assist systems.
- Marquette University McCabe Hall – LEED certified. Provided the design/build HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems and served as LEED consultant.
- Kohler Global Communications – LEED Silver Certified. Providing the design/build HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems as well as energy modeling services and focus on energy interface.
- Spectrum World Headquarters – LEED Certified. Providing the design/build HVAC and Fire Protection systems as well as LEED consultant.
We apply our expertise to our own facilities and operations. This takes the form of actions big and small whether it’s reducing fuel consumption of our service fleet through GPS direct routing, reduce, reuse & recycle programs within our shops and corporate facilities, or environmental control systems that optimize the energy efficiency of our own buildings. This includes reduced wastewater discharge, reduced potable water demand, and construction waste diverted from landfills.
We partner with organizations of all sizes on a local and national level to affect positive change for our employees, clients, and community. Last year, Ahern made charitable contributions to over 200 non-profit organizations. A partial list of partners includes United Way, Habitat for Humanity, American Heart Association, American Red Cross, The Salvation Army, and Ronald McDonald House.