You are here
HVAC: If It Isn’t Broken…Fix It?
Written by an Ahern Energy Solutions Engineer
Are you worried about having to replace mechanical equipment, but think it may still have some life left? In some instances, large capital expenses associated with equipment replacement can be avoided through tuning, maintenance, and add-ons. Furthermore, partners such as Focus on Energy1 may even provide financial incentives to tune or upgrade existing equipment in order to improve performance and increase energy savings. If you think you do not qualify:
- Did you complete preventative maintenance recently?
- Have you tuned your chiller in the past 24 months?
- Is your packaged or split cooling system properly charged?
- Were your condenser coil cleaned recently?
- Does your boiler use linkages to control combustion?
- Do the words roof top unit (RTU) and optimization sound alien to you?
- Are all of your steam, heating, or cooling pipes insulated?
If you answered no to any of the questions above, there may be an opportunity for you to save energy while improving both the reliability and longevity of your existing mechanical equipment. If you would like to learn more, please contact Ahern and ask about Ahern’s position as a Focus on Energy Trade Ally.
1Focus on Energy: Partnering with Wisconsin Utilities, http://focusonenergy.com