Emergency Lighting Inspection, Testing, and Service
Did you know that you are required by law to regularly test your exit & emergency lighting systems? Do not take a chance with such serious matters: avoid serious liabilities and fines by having Ahern maintain and test the required exit and emergency lighting systems in your building. It is more affordable than you think, and again it is the law!
Following are some regulations on testing and maintaining Exit & Emergency lighting systems:
OSHA Code of Federal Regulations:
- Requires adequate and reliable illumination for all exits
- Requires proper maintenance to assure that exit lighting is in continuously proper operating
NFPA 70 - National Electric Code
- Requires specific illumination and performance of emergency and exit lights
- Provides functional standards for battery-powered emergency and exit lighting
NFPA 101 - Life Safety Code
- Requires a monthly inspection of all emergency and exit lighting systems
- Requires an annual test of all emergency and exit lighting systems
International Fire Code
- Requires proper illumination of means of egress
- Requires assurance that emergency and exit lighting systems will provide illumination for at least 60 minutes
As part of the regulations listed above, periodic testing of emergency lighting equipment is required. A functional test shall be conducted on every required emergency lighting system at 30-day intervals for a minimum of 30 seconds. An annual test shall be conducted for the 90 minute duration of the test. Written records of visual inspections and tests shall be kept by the owner for inspection by the authority having jurisdiction.
Fore more information on testing your exit & emergency lighting systems and more, contact Ahern today!