You are here
Can Your HVAC System Stand the Heat?
Most of us have had that moment. The one where we keep turning down the thermostat but aren’t feeling the results! Just like our vehicles need regular maintenance, so does our AC system. In fact, it’s critical. A business owner’s comfortability is not only important to them and their employees, but most importantly to their customers. You want to create that welcoming, cooling sensation, when they walk through your door. The concept is simple. You spend a minimal amount of money to maintain your systems and avoid emergency breakdowns and this will increase your unit’s efficiency rather than decrease your funds by replacing equipment that wasn’t properly maintained.
There are many factors that can play into a faulty unit:
- Dirty condenser coils and evaporator coils reduce operational efficiency and increase energy and maintenance cost.
- Low refrigerant may lead to unexpected mechanical failures.
- Sheave misalignment can cause motor bearings to fail shortening the life of your A/C’s belts.
- Loose wiring can cause electrical failures leading to expensive repairs and unexpected downtime.
Being proactive saves a business unexpected expenses and ensures comfort throughout the hot season. When an HVAC professional comes out to do a tune-up here is what you can expect:
- Inspects the entire system
- Cleans all coils
- Clean and drain the condensate line
- Lubricate moving and mechanical parts
- Replace air filters and belts
- Check thermostat controls and system wiring
- Inspect ductwork
- Check fluid and pressure levels
After your tune-up, a reputable company will provide the best advice if any deficiencies are found. Most will provide a repair vs. replace price breakdown to help you make an informed decision. They will also offer the best savings they can on equipment or parts and ensure a timely conclusion of services.
Don’t get stuck in the heat. Maintain your comfortable working environment by scheduling a professional HVAC technician today! Our goal is to help you improve your environment and ensure personal comfort and well-being throughout the summer months!