You are here
Extended-Interval Inspection and Testing Requirements
Did you know that NFPA 25 Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems (2011 edition) includes inspection and testing requirements beyond the more common monthly, quarterly and annual procedures?
These extended-interval inspection and testing requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Dry-Pipe and Preaction Systems – pressure test for air leakage every 3 years.
- Dry-pipe Systems – full flow trip test every 3 years.
- Internal inspection of check valves – every 5 years.
- Internal inspection of piping – every 5 years.
- Gauges – recalibrate or replace every 5 years
- Sprinklers – sample testing or replacement. The required frequency for this varies from every 5 years to every 75 years depending on the type of sprinkler and the environment in which the sprinkler is installed.
Please refer to NFPA 25 for more details.
Ahern utilizes an electronic inspection and testing system which can alert building owners when extended-interval items are approaching their due date. Please contact Ahern for more information.