You are here
Protecting your facility from fire is Ahern’s business. Our team of experts holds in-depth knowledge of city and state codes, as well as insurance requirements. This ensures that your fire sprinkler system installation, inspection, or service is completed correctly the first time. Ahern provides complete fire protection services to the Minneapolis area and has a proven track record of success.
- 100% of our inspections are conducted by licensed sprinkler fitters or technicians certified through the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET).
- We employ over 95 NICET-certified professionals; nearly half hold the uppermost Levels 3 or 4 certification.
- Since 2004, we’ve protected nearly 2.7 million square feet of mission critical equipment space.
- Last year, we prefabricated orders for over 205,300 sprinkler heads. 100% of these orders were delivered on time.
- We’ve provided piping systems to 47 U.S. states and 8 international countries.
Minneapolis Public School Headquarters
Ahern’s code knowledge and 3D design expertise allowed for a successful and on-time completion of the Minneapolis Public School Headquarters project. With extensive experience, we also introduced cost savings to the data room protection by providing a more efficient clean agent system layout than what had been presented by a data center consultant. By leading the 3D coordination efforts, our team prevented system interferences and streamlined installations between trades within this 167,000 square-foot, four-story facility.
With our project team averaging over 15 years of experience, Ahern was able to overcome a delayed start and challenges to the Riverside Plaza project in Minneapolis. This 1,300-unit apartment complex was originally contracted for facility improvements and mechanical system upgrades without fire protection work specified. Three months into the project with 140 apartment renovations already completed, Ahern joined the team when fire protection was mandated by the city.
Ahern completed its fire protection work at the University of Minnesota’s Folwell Hall on time, to code specification, and without alteration to its historic architectural features. Utilizing 3D design in congested areas of this 153,000 square-foot classroom building kept all teams on track by eliminating interferences prior to installation.
Paragon Outlet Mall
The Paragon Outlet Mall in Eagan, Minnesota – the largest retail development in the state – hosted its grand opening on time in August 2014 after a rigorous schedule for Ahern’s Twin Cities office. In just 2.5 months, Ahern completed fire protection work in 95 retail stores, totaling 464,642 square-feet. As the contractor for the entire mall, the conditions of the project required up to 11 sprinkler fitters on site at a time.