Reduce YourProject Risk
Whether working in a municipal or industrial wastewater plant, Ahern’s expertise helps reduce the risk of water/wastewater projects of all sizes. In the past 10 years, we’ve completed 939 water and wastewater projects, ranging from $950 to more than $37.5 million.
From manpower to industrial wastewater/water treatment pipe fabrication, Ahern has the resources needed to complete your project on time. We’ve invested in commonly used specialty industrial wastewater equipment that is rented by other contractors, which allows for immediate attention to your construction needs. One such investment is our stock of pumps with capacities of up to 4,000 GPM that provides temporary bypassing of tanks or wastewater systems as required for construction sequencing.
Bloomingdale Water Reclamation Facility
- Bloomingdale, IL
- All piping was delivered one week ahead of schedule
- Completed within 1.1% of its original estimate
Bowery Bay Water Pollution Control Plant
- Queens, NY
- 99.7% of the 993 total spools were problem free
- All deliveries were on time or ahead of schedule
Green Bay Metropolitan Sewerage District Upgrade
- Green Bay, WI
- Ahern’s office staff averaged 18 years of experience
- 100% of Ahern’s field team held industry certifications
MMSD Landfill Gas Pipeline
- Milwaukee, WI
- 100% on-time delivery
- Ahern's office staff averaged 10 years of industry experience
- 98.8% of Ahern’s x-ray views passed on the first test
Beaver Dam Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Beaver Dam, WI
- All work was completed on time
- The project was completed within the original budget
Grand Chute Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Grand Chute, WI
- Intense sequencing, shutdown coordination, and operational bypass to minimize plant disruption
Vernon Hills, IL Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Vernon Hills, IL
- Load was delivered on time
- Zero quality-related problems
- No OSHA recordables or lost-time injuries
WE Energies Water Treatment Building
- Rothschild, WI
- Project was completed ahead of schedule
- No OSHA recordable events or lost-time injuries
MMSD 59th & State Street
- Milwaukee, WI
- The project was completed one month ahead of schedule
- Ahern’s office staff averaged 23 years of experience
Manhattan Leg City Tunnel
- Manhattan, NY
- All 40 welders who worked on this project are industry certified
- Ahern met revised delivery dates
Nine Springs Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Madison, WI
- Project completed three months ahead of schedule
- The field crew held an average of 12 years of experience
Multi-TradeServices in Your Industry
At Ahern, we provide facilities in Wisconsin with all our multi-trade services. However, we also offer Fire Protection & Pipe Fabrication Services outside of Wisconsin.
Ahern has 16 office locations throughout the Midwest. We offer fire protection expertise in all geographies, as well as new installations throughout the U.S.; mechanical installations and service within Wisconsin; and pipe fabrication work in the U.S. and beyond.
At Ahern, your pipe fabrication project is our specialty. We fabricate and ship according to project-specific priorities, and we assist in all aspects of system layout, including budget planning and takeoff preparations. Ahern offers pipe fabrication services and also provides welded piping for a variety of systems.
Whether for the immediate distribution of clean water or the safe transportation of unwanted waste, quality plumbing is a key component of any building.
Ahern offers mechanical preventive maintenance agreements (PMAs) and fire protection system and equipment inspection services. Mechanical PMA programs can help ensure your systems are operating efficiently and can help to reduce costly emergency repairs or replacements. Fire protection system...
Ahern has been designing, installing, and servicing HVAC systems since the company's inception over a century ago. Our team of professional engineers, licensed designers, experienced project managers, and skilled foremen can bring your next HVAC project from idea to reality.
Building controls – also called Building Automation Systems (BAS), Building Automation and Control Systems (BACS), or Building Control System (BCS) – have quickly become vital in maximizing efficiency, sustainability, and profitability in today’s buildings.
Ahern has the expertise needed to ensure your systems are functioning as intended to meet your facility goals.
Building Energy Solutions
Ahern employs over 70 NICET-Certified professionals, 10 licensed PEs, 8 LEED APs, and 4 EITs. Our energy solutions team will help you better manage your utility spending by identifying and recommending energy-saving alternatives.
Installation of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems can require meticulous attention to detail and precise coordination with multiple trades.
We offer a full range of solutions for industrial and manufacturing process environments including installation, repair and replacement, machine automation, and fabrication.
As a preconstruction adviser, Ahern’s knowledge and experience benefit general contractors, architects, and building owners through early involvement in system selection that meets the end user's goals and budget.
Fire Protection & Life Safety
Last year, we provided life safety inspections to over 26,039 facilities. This includes fire extinguishers, kitchen systems, dry chemical systems, emergency lighting, fire alarm testing, and fire/smoke damper testing.