Our Post Offer Process has four different stages. It is important that you follow these directions in a timely manner
in order to help us prepare for your first day!
Stage 1 has four different action items outlined below:
1) Finalize Application
Log back into your application to complete the confidential information section. You will be asked to supply your social security number, date of birth and complete the criminal background disclosure questions. To enter your information You will need to select "Action" and then "View/Edit Application". Click here.
2) Motor Vehicle Record Check
3) Background Check
Click here to enter the required information for Ahern to process the remainder of your background check.
4) Pre-Employment Drug Test & Medical Examination
- Review the list of available testing sites to complete Ahern's pre-employment drug screen and medical examination.
- A chain of custody form will be sent to your mailing address noted on your application. You will need to take this document with you for your drug test.
- Contact desired facility to schedule an appointment. Please disclose that you are “taking a pre-employment drug test and medical examination for J. F. Ahern Co.”, and be prepared to give a urine specimen since the site will be performing a 10-panel collection drug screen. If a testing site is not available within 60 miles of your home, please contact AhernCareers@jfahern.com.
- Print and complete the Substance Abuse Test Consent & Release Form prior to your appointment. This form must be taken with you and provided to the clinic.
- Print and complete the Medical Examination Form prior to your appointment. This form must be taken with you and completed by the examining physician.
Note: Both the substance abuse test consent & release form and the medical examination form must be returned to Ahern along with your JATC application packet.
Please print and complete the Local 669 JATC apprenticeship application packet. Return all application documents to the local office via mail or in person as soon as possible.
Note: If unable to print, contact your local Ahern Office for a printed copy.
Once your hire date is confirmed and approved, you will receive an email from “SuccessFactors Onboarding” with the subject “Ahern New Hire Paperwork”. This email will contain a link to a “New Employee Wizard” to complete new hire paperwork. Please follow that link and complete the paperwork.
Once your new hire paperwork is completed, you will receive an email from DocuSign providing a link to follow and electronically sign off on the paperwork that you have completed.
Our website contains a wealth of information and we encourage you to explore its features.
We look forward to you having you join the Ahern team!