Ahern Corporate Office Expansion
Energy-Saving Mechanical & Fire Protection Services For Corporate Buildings in Fond du Lac, WI
Ahern’s energy-saving installations led to a 25% decrease in the Company’s building utility costs for its 54,000 square-foot expansion in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin. This environmental focus resulted in a LEED Gold Certification by the US Green Building Council, and recognition by the association of Facility Engineering. Some of Ahern’s installations that contributed to this merit include one of Wisconsin’s first Greenwater Reclamation systems; an ice storage system; in-floor radiant heating; and high-efficiency fixtures. Ahern’s ability to design/build all of the mechanical and fire protection work allowed for the project to be completed successfully on time.
- Energy Solutions
- Fire Protection Installation
- Fire Protection Prefabrication
- Plumbing Prefabrication
- Sheet Metal Prefabrication
- Estimated Energy Savings: 25% or $21,000 per year
- Reduced Wastewater Discharge: 26% or 25,000 gallons per year
- Reduced Potable Water Demand: 61% or 110,000 gallons per year
- Construction Waste Diverted from Landfill: 91% or 1,200 tons
- Recycled Materials: 20% of Total Material Cost
- The project’s field team averaged 12 years of experience; the office staff averaged 16 years of experience.
- Final costs were within 1.1% of our original estimate.
- Zero lost-time injuries or OSHA recordable events.